There are many opportunities to volunteer at the garden including:
- Helping with our annual Earth Day Cleanup (April 22, 2016, from 9-11:30). Coast Guard members join us for this annual event as we clean out winter debris from the garden beds. Many hands make light work. Hope to see you there!
- Helping to maintain the garden. Each Thursday from mid-April to mid October volunteers work maintaining the garden from 9:30 AM to 11:30 AM, but other times are also available.
- Helping with spring cleanup.
- Making and recording butterfly observations to determine the butterfly species that visit the garden. Observation sheets are available at the garden or download here.
- Taking photographs for use in publications and the internet.
- Helping with the annual butterfly release in July. Helping with school visits to the garden in the fall.
- Tagging Monarch Butterflies in late summer/early fall.
Coast Guard Staff Helps with Spring Cleanup
Whatever time you have available would be greatly appreciated! Contact us at email@example.com